/*-- Meta Information --*/

10.01.2004

Debates, Debate, Debates

We can all breathe a sigh of relief that the first one is over! Kerry came out strong and both candidates were civil. Although, some of the information or "facts" were, of course, distorted. Naturally, they are being written about ad nauseam in the press, so I'm going to conveniently list some of the better (beneath the rhetoric "gloss-over the facts" Associated Press style) articles here.

First off, about Bush saying they are spending on Homeland Security and all of his pledges to keeping us safer, you should read this excellent piece of investigative journalism from Mother Jones Red Alert

An in-depth, after the debate poll from the Democracy Corps

An in-depth breakdown and critique from Slate

New figures on how many people watched the debates

What Fact Check had to say

And of course, an only in America story out of Wisconsin God Bless the Cheeseheads!

On a non-politics note, it seems to be all over for my beloved Cubbies Although, if I had to choose between Kerry or the Cubs going all the way this year....well, I think you know I'd go for Kerry in a big way.

Pro-Kerry Gear still selling quickly - if I ever make enough of a profit for Cafepress to ever send me a check, I plan to donate it to the Kerry campaign - also the anti-bush stuff is still available too.

I will return to the 9/11 Commission Report soon...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home